We are using cookies to give You the best experience on our site and we need to tell You about it. Cookies are files stored in Your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise Your web experience. If You "ACCEPT" setting, You are agreeing to our use of cookies. Accept!

How to extract resources from the game

Real Time Strategy (RTS), Singleplayer/Multiplayer, Tachyon Studio, November 26, 1996
Real Time Strategy (RTS), Singleplayer/Multiplayer, Tachyon Studio, November 26, 1996

How to extract resources from the game

Postby Tartyron » 09 May 2022, 09:35

Greetings!

Sorry if I chose the wrong topic for my question.

I want to ask how can I extract Blood & Magic resources (namely, the graphics - icons, loading story screens etc) from the game files, and from what files? Maybe by chance you already have these resources extracted and don't mind to share them?

I will be grateful for any help and suggestions. Thank you very much for your amazing ready-to-go Blood & Magic launcher pack.
Tartyron
Iskrička
Iskrička

Liked in: 0 post
Online: 1h 9m 51s
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: How to extract resources from the game

Postby saradsmejem » 09 May 2022, 09:45

Heloo friend, no problem, I moved Your question into a new topic, to be more clearer for the visitors

Glad u like our pack, we put quite a lot of efford in it and I am happy that it is not waste of time :)

I do not have unpacked resources, did not have a reason for it till now, in the folder STFS there are the mission videos, the graphics and sounds are most likely (according to the size and logic) in one of the dat files BAM.DAT, BAMD.DAT and BAMF.DAT and in MAIN.STF...

as far as I know, here is a link to a former main developer for this game https://www.gog.com/u/brechindo You can ask him, and according to this site https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_%26_Magic someone from the devs accidently(???) released the full source code with one version of the demo included in the Forgotten Realms Archive CD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forgo ... s_Archives , I think I downloaded it years ago, if u want I can try to dig it up

Why do You want the stuff, do You have some plans to remake it, or?

Let me know please if You wil be able to get more information about this to help others too (y)
Aktívne sa venujem Brutu, psychadelickej poézii a próze, sci-fi, hororovej, dobrodružnej a fantasy tvorbe, preto akékoľvek príspevky tu zverejnené, môžu byť ich priamou súčasťou. Každé slovo alebo veta, balansuje medzi úplnou pravdou a čírou fikciou, ktorá nemusí mať s realitou nič spoločné. Nikoho nenabádam na zlé, škaredé či brutálne, ani nenabádam k porušovaniu platnej legislatívy štátu či porušovaniu pravidiel BRUT.me a v prípade, že dôjde k nesprávnemu pochopeniu mojich príspevkov alebo zámernej dezinformácii založenej na ich podklade, nenesiem za dané konanie žiadnu zodpovednosť a iba sa na ňom smejem!
saradsmejem
Brut
Brut

Liked in: 48 posts
Online: 975d 6h 37m 30s
Blog: View Blog (2)
Slavic name: Brutislav
Gangster nickname: Lovejoy Blood
Gaming Nickname: KROTKY_AKO_SELMA (as_gentle_as_a_beast)
Public Profile: http://saradsmejem.sk
About Me: Zodpovedný vedúci / Responsible manager

Postby Tartyron » 09 May 2022, 15:15

saradsmejem wrote:Why do You want the stuff, do You have some plans to remake it, or?

Oh, of course not, no remake or anything like that, I just have zero skills in everything concerning programming. Just wanted to tinker a little with icons and images, maybe to try to use it in some hypothetical future little mods for games that are moddable with more ease than B&M (Warlords Battlecry series, for example, and the like).

Moreover I just like to collect everything I can about my favourite games, including soundtracks, strategy guides, extracted graphic resources and so on. I already have similar collections for War Wind series, aforementioned Warlords and Warlords Battlecry series, Heretic/Hexen series and many more.

If graphics are in DAT file so how could I get it from? I use Dragon Unpacker program for such tasks usually but its applicability is rather specific, and I doubt it can work with DAT files.
Tartyron
Iskrička
Iskrička

Liked in: 0 post
Online: 1h 9m 51s
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby saradsmejem » 10 May 2022, 08:13

nice, if You have stuff from Blood & Magic that is missing on our site, let me know, I will add it

I am kind of similar, have quite a big collection of stuff of games that I like, and of course I am putting it public via our website

I tried a few programs, but none of them worked, needs mroe googling and searching, I am trying to contact the developer too, lets see if he answers,
Aktívne sa venujem Brutu, psychadelickej poézii a próze, sci-fi, hororovej, dobrodružnej a fantasy tvorbe, preto akékoľvek príspevky tu zverejnené, môžu byť ich priamou súčasťou. Každé slovo alebo veta, balansuje medzi úplnou pravdou a čírou fikciou, ktorá nemusí mať s realitou nič spoločné. Nikoho nenabádam na zlé, škaredé či brutálne, ani nenabádam k porušovaniu platnej legislatívy štátu či porušovaniu pravidiel BRUT.me a v prípade, že dôjde k nesprávnemu pochopeniu mojich príspevkov alebo zámernej dezinformácii založenej na ich podklade, nenesiem za dané konanie žiadnu zodpovednosť a iba sa na ňom smejem!
saradsmejem
Brut
Brut

Liked in: 48 posts
Online: 975d 6h 37m 30s
Blog: View Blog (2)
Slavic name: Brutislav
Gangster nickname: Lovejoy Blood
Gaming Nickname: KROTKY_AKO_SELMA (as_gentle_as_a_beast)
Public Profile: http://saradsmejem.sk
About Me: Zodpovedný vedúci / Responsible manager

Return to Blood & Magic